No Quit. No Limits. No Excuses.
Back to Long Island: May 17 – 20, 2018. Spread the word.
Thursday May 17th:
Fundraising Golf Outing With Several Players. Includes Lunch, Golf, Dinner, Drinks, Prizes, Raffles. Mill Pond CC, Setauket.
Friday May 18th:
School visits. Private Whiffle Ball Game at the Viscardi Center.
SUPER SATURDAY ! MAY 19th:
- Free clinic for children under 12, followed by the WWAST HR Derby. 9:45am – noon at St John The Baptist High School, West Islip.
- 4pm Opening Ceremony followed by game: WWAST vs NY First Responders. Otsego Park, Commack Road, Huntington. Get there early! Free.
- Hang with the team. 7:15 – 9:30 Meet, Greet, Eat. Hosted by Texas Roadhouse and their award winning ribs. Food, water, beer. At Commack Fire House on Jericho Tpke Commack. Fee is $ 5, which you receive back a $ 5 meal ticket.
- Medford Athletic Complex – Free
- Opening Ceremony, not to be missed, 11:30 featuring the Patriot Guard Riders, ABATE
- Greeting from Dan Murphy, and several surprises.
- GAME at 12:30 vs The Long Island All Stars.
Tentative Schedule, subject to change. Learn more at www.warriorsny.org and follow the build up at www.facebook.com/wwastny . Sponsors welcome. The Wounded Warrior Amputee Softball Team is a standalone not for profit. It has not and never has been associated with the Wounded Warrior Project. All sponsor monies go directly to the team. Proceeds over the cost of the team traveling here goes to fund Kidscamp. Kidscamp is a weeklong camp for children missing limbs, with the WWAST players as life coaches. The WWAST pays for the child and a parent. It has been featured on HBO and ESPN among others.
Questions / contact: joe bart 631 840 7787 firstname.lastname@example.org
** celebration, inspiration, motivation **